Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I might get a job. This is totally spur of the moment decision making, but that's how I tend to operate. I get an idea in my head and don't think of anything else for awhile, then get over it and move on. But for the job, I saw an ad in the paper for a part time daycare worker in a small town about 10 miles from us. It's a way for some extra money, since we're living off loans and that's really scary. I also have started helping out my neighbor, her company puts together bull semen collectors to sell to vets. For every 100 it's $6.50. It's something I can do in front of the tv, and can do about 300 a night. It's not a ton of money, but it's something. So anyway, saw this ad in the paper and debated whether or not to call. Called last night and the woman I needed to talk to wasn't there, so I left a message. She called this morning, and I didn't answer the phone. Why? I don't know, not sure if this is something I really want to do. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom. After going to school for 17 some odd years, and having tons of different jobs, I couldn't wait to just stay home and raise my babies. Until now that I'm doing it. I get bored. Easily. And it's not like I can do the things that make me happy, like read, scrapbook, play on the computer, because chickadee demands more attention. Which is fine, she's the important thing right now. But I saw the ad and started thinking, well, maybe I could do this and be able to take Chickadee with me. I called the lady back awhile ago, and I liked her immediately. Friendly, funny, down to earth. She said she thought it would be okay (within regulations) to bring chickadee with me. The hours would be 12-6 Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Don't know the pay, but basically I'd get paid to let Chickadee play with other kids. That was the other thing, I thought it would be great if Chickadee could be around other kids and get used to them. She's so used to being by herself with me, she gets mad if I pick up other kids and she needs to get over that. So, maybe this is a good idea? I'm still not sure. But maybe between these two things, I could cover rent each month and that would ease our worries about student loans. I have a meeting with the lady on Friday, I'll go check the place out and see how I feel about it. I guess I could always take it and then quit if it doesn't work, but I hate to do that to people. I know how hard it is to find and hire people, so I don't want to be more of a burden to anyone. We'll see.



normalgirl
1:46 PM 1 comments




me*

Just a normal girl in a not so normal world. I have a little girl and a husband. We live in middle-of-no-where USA. I waste WAY too much time reading blogs.

so many blogs, so little time*

  • A Day in the Life of a Terrible Mother
  • A Woman of Many Parts
  • Baby James
  • Beebop-aloobop
  • BlondeMomBlog
  • Canadian Thoughts in Texas
  • Celebrate We Will
  • Dooce
  • Emmakirstens Journal
  • Faith in Florida
  • Girl From Florida
  • Girl in the Village
  • Hairy Alien
  • hola, isabel
  • Hollow Squirrel
  • the house of h
  • Jason. For the love of God
  • JezeWhiz
  • Kira's Wonderland
  • Life as we know it
  • The Life and Times of a first time SAHM
  • Mama loves Papa
  • MO Mommy
  • Mommymatic
  • mommies are people, too
  • Motherbumper
  • MotherHen
  • New to Us
  • Playgroups Are No Place for Children
  • Pocket Change
  • Que Sera Sera
  • random mommy.limited cleverness
  • Real Life in South Carolina
  • sloppy kisses
  • So Midwestern
  • Stella and-or Ben
  • Sugar and Ice
  • This Fish Needs a Bicycle
  • 2 pink lines
  • Untangling Knots
  • What life is all about...
  • You Like Ashley


  • i'm a tv whore*

  • Gilmore Girls
  • Veronica Mars
  • America's Next Top Model
  • Super Nanny
  • American Idol
  • Lost
  • The O.C. (boo! it got cancelled)
  • The Office
  • Scrubs
  • Deperate Housewives
  • Paradise City
  • The Soup
  • Really rich real estate
  • Most show here except if it involves reality dating


  • archives*

    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007

    credits*

    Mrs Brendon Urie
    Deviantart